Wednesday 28 May 2014

Tibetan Buddhist Culture

A necessary trip to the Indian Embassy at Edinburgh ended in a day-trip around the tourist spot as well. So, we went to the National Museum of Scotland. I cam across a section that was devoted to Buddhist Tibetan Culture. Since, Sheng's film is based on a love story in a Tibetan Monastery, I turned this visit into research. I took some pictures of the Prayer wheels installed there.

 After going through the description, I understood the importance of the prayer-wheel in Buddhism and its true essence.


I have already made the prayer wheels. However, i would like to remodel them to look somewhat like this. I want my models to look as realistic as possible.




This might be helpful for the texturing of the prayer-wheel.


The different details and carvings around the Prayer-wheel station that are part of the Tibetan culture. 







There was also a place where we could make a prayer-flag. I made a Prayer Flag too. Below is a video that was at the museum describing every bit that goes in the making of a Prayer-wheel and also its importance in Buddhism.



No comments:

Post a Comment