Thursday 13 February 2014

Reflecting again!

Lately,I have been having trouble taking my research project ahead.It seems as if I have reached a point from where I can go nowhere. I have done a lot of research on the Psychological Theory. I think I understand it well. I think the method I am using to integrate with story-telling is fine too. Still,somehow,when thinking of questions that I intend to ask to my focus group participants,I am not on the right track.

Jeanette adviced me to have a talk through with Sharon about it. I am yet to get a meeting date with Sharon. However,in the meantime I decided to participate in a Research Project conducted by a 4th year Psychology Undergraduate Student whose advertisement had come up in Hermes,so that I get an overview of what might happen at one.

Her research was on how video games might affect aggressive behaviour in people. I was first asked to fill up a questionnaire regarding my general behaviour traits. Then,I played two games. Again,I had to fill up questionnaires between the two and fill up blanks of several words. The two questionnaires had almost the same questions but rephrased differently.

After participating in this I realised that, I was asking those questions to the participants that would answer the main findings for my research. Instead of digging in their psyche indirectly, I was directly asking those technical questions to them that would make no sense to them. If I would have asked such questions to my peers it would have made more sense. They would have known the technical aspects.

However,my research is audience-oriented so it will be better if I find ways to go about this research differently. Currently,I am thinking of showing my films to two different set of participants and then comparing their reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment