Tuesday 18 February 2014

Modelling Lilly

I have always been involved in Environment Modelling as I really enjoying putting in the detail around the interiors or exteriors of buildings. Its like me back to playing with my doll house! However, this time I making 'the doll'. Our model Lilly is inspired by Lilly D. 

Sheng has done the character designing.

I started with the torso first as we were taking a lot of time to decide the hairstyle(which was fun,actually).It was very necessary to understand the topography of the model as it had to be ready for rigging and animating. My modelling experience prior to this has been of still images or minimal movement but here, we are talking of full-scale animation. Though I started making it somehow I had the feeling that I may not be going in the right direction. 


Working on the torso

Though the torso is not complete yet,I am glad there has been no topography violations of yet. I know of this because I used Digital Tutor to find this out. The character modelling tutorial in Digital Tutor is very simple and makes character modelling look child's play. I have also started making Lilly's face following the tutorial completely this time. 


Basic Face



No comments:

Post a Comment