Tuesday 18 February 2014

Loss-Framed Story Development


I had  a meeting with Sharon regarding my focus Group Questionnaire. I took this opportunity to show her the almost finished animatic of the loss framed film. She really liked George's drawing. He has actually done an amazing job.

I have done its narration and story-boarding. Somehow, I was not happy with the finale scene. I wanted it to not only look grand but have an impact on the audience. However, the scene that I had in my mind looked simple and not graphically or artistically exciting.



Originally Planned

I relayed it to Sharon. She came up with this brilliant idea of zooming in to the windows of the cityscape and then sketching the food chain chart that I intended to make. I think it will be a smooth transition to the next shot. Then,there was this another amazing idea of switching off the window lights would signal the end of a line of specie. I intended gradual fade out to black. However, now I would prefer the lights to switch off abruptly and then the screen would be pitch black.



Final Story-board

I have relayed the entire concept to George after the meeting. He is also happy with this. We intend to get the polished animatic ready in time for my Focus Group tentatively on this Saturday(if I get my Ethics Application approved by then). The deadline of the polished animatic is Friday according to my Production Schedule. So,everything seems to be on time at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment