Wednesday 15 January 2014

Reflection on Practice

Some exercises in Sharon's first lesson actually made me aware of some of my strengths and weaknesses. I usually do a lot of reflecting in my personal life but that lesson made me stop and think whether I was doing it the correct way or was I just over thinking and calling it reflection. It made me think whether the thought itself was worth reflecting or not.

First,she asked to think how we really reflect on our practice. For me its usually trial and error method- just clicking various options and then going with the best permutation and combination that brings about the desired result. Sometimes, this doesn't work either. So,I just put it in the back of my mind and keep thinking- bringing it to the forefront only when something close to what I need might be available. 

One of the exercises that really clicked with me was talking with some other individual in my brain and what would they reply in turn to my ideas. I think this exercise helped me to ascertain things that I already knew about my project or some weakness that I knew of it but was too afraid to say it to myself out loud. Now, i believe, I might be able to focus on it and do what needs to be done.

Then,there was this other exercise where she asked us to use a methodology of 4 R's- namely, Recall,Relive, Reinterpret and Respond. During this exercise, we were asked to Recall a moment in the past semester that might have been a 'Eureka Moment' or 'Nothings working Moment'. Then,Relive what we felt at that moment- how we could we Reinterpret that situation and now what should be our Respond to it. I found this exercise to turn some of my negative moments to positive ones as it made me realise that I can cope or help is almost always available around me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment