Sunday 24 November 2013

Polygon Project_Modelling

 The Polygon Project consists of modelling,texturing,lighting and compositing a shoe as realistically as possible. I chose the shoe below. When I was clicking the images I thought I was being lazy(as Jin had warned us not to be)by choosing a very simple shoe. Modelling this did not turn out to be simple at all. It is taking more time than I had expected. 


I started with the sole as Jin had showed us in the class. However, when I reached the side portion of the shoe I could fine many flaws with the sole. It did not look like its reference image. I made it again. After being in the 'NURBS Mode' for days it was quite difficult to suddenly shift to polygon. I kept searching for the tools that belonged to NURBS Shelf  instead of reminding myself of the polygon tools.


With a lot of 'trial and error' and 'modelling and remodelling', I have near about finished modelling the shoe. However,when I reopened the file today, the entire shoe can be rendered except the lace.It exists in wireframe but its mesh is not visible. If it takes a lot of time to ascertain how I can get it back,I will have little choice but to remodel it again. 

 

Something that I really liked when I was clicking the images of the shoe was the shape it had on its back profile. Though, I had imported the 'front' profile on the image plane, I went back and forth to see how it looked from the back.



I enjoyed making it a little bent. When Jin had asked us not to get 'new and blingy' shoes for modelling, it did not make any sense to me. Now,I think its more fun and creative to make things not 'normal' or in their perfect state.

Topology

No comments:

Post a Comment