Thursday 24 April 2014

Environment Modeling Checks

Sheng had started modelling the 3D Environment. She was having some trouble with the different props and basic modelling so she asked me to have a check through the objects that she has already made.


Sheng's Modelling

The first problem I could see was that the polygons weren’t given the extra edge. So, when I smoothened them, they deformed badly. I think it is necessary to give it extra edges and smoothen for a proper look. When the lighting set up is completely the polygons would still look flat without giving any edge definition to the surfaces.


Secondly, the patio was modelled separately and the window pieces were placed around it. I think while texturing this would have posed as a problem.


Then, the edges didn’t meet along the mesh. In order, to have more edges to smoothen the final result it was important that the topology be maintained throughout.


The windows were simple and needed extra edges along ends. When smoothened they would have rounded off.



Thus, with Lilly and Sheng’s blessings I have taken over the environment modelling for our project.

No comments:

Post a Comment