Tuesday 8 October 2013

NURBS Project- Begins




The Art of Maya
An Introduction to 3D Computer Graphics( 4th Edition)
Autodesk

A book loaned from the library by my friend,Sheng, came in handy as I sat to decide on which reference image should I chose for my NURBS Project. I had mostly been associated with polygon modelling with a little bit of help from NURBS curve tools. However, recreating an entire scene using just NURBS Surfaces seems quite a challenge. 



NURBS Surfaces
p.82-83



Trims and Booleans
p.84-85

After attending a Maya NURBS Modelling class I was quite confident of being able to use the tools and create a scene successfully. I selected an image that had the maximum potential of being recreated by NURBS tools.


NURBS Modelling Reference Image

As adviced by Jin,I tried to look at the silhouette of each of the surfaces and find the best possible way of making them without taking too much time.As I am new to the tools,it is just trial and error method at the moment for me. 


Work-in-Progress

Its taking a lot of time than anticipated at getting ahead with this project.Let's see how the rest of the scene comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment