Wednesday 2 October 2013

Mind-Mapping

"Learning how to learn is life's most important skill."
- Tony Buzan
(Creator of Mind-Mapping Tool)

The mind-mapping tool/software aims at reaching the full human potential. Buzan believes that a human being uses only 1% of his brain,whereas if he uses the mind-mapping tool he will be able to use the other 99% too. 

We were asked to follow his theory on how to make a mind map and weave a 'Programme of Study' that would evolve over time and make planning easier for us. His technique of creating a mind-map also required the use of colour. It was an excellent reason to go and buy a box of color pencils. (Yeah)


I had fun creating this. However,that was not the aim. Duhhhh.

We were then asked to recreate this map using a software. After much contemplation over which software to use, I downloaded the free version of XMind(2012). At first, making it on the computer looked tedious and time-consuming. However,playing with the software for some time I found the Hot Keys which made completing the mind-map faster.



When I had started this course I had little idea of what I would like to do once I had completed it. When we were asked to make this I had even lesser idea, if it were possible, than before of what I could do. Thinking of things that interest me or things that I am really passionate about made me come up with some ideas and I finally made this map. I know it will evolve over time. Maybe I will follow this. Maybe I wont but for now I know I have something to look forward to.




No comments:

Post a Comment